Lana had her fist fever this week, since her seizure. I quickly made a trip to the drug store to stock up on Motrin and Tylenol. Pre-seizure, I liked to wait it out before medicating but we don't have that choice for the time being. Sooooo when I examined the ingredients in the medications, I was disgusted to find Red #40, HFCS, etc. So I opted to buy the dye free, which is a little better, but was NOT available. I went to two stores to look for the dye-free option and couldn't find it at either location. I can not believe that this is a medication that is SUPPOSE to help children when they are ill. How sad that I am trapped and have to give my daughter these toxic chemicals.
Lana's Holistic MD gave me an excellent program of homeopathics to use for her fever but I still feel nervous about using homeopathy for Lana. For the rest of the kids, I will be using homeopathy for fevers. She did say stick with Motrin over Tylenol, if you need to medicate.