Pesto Crusted Beef Roast in the Crock Pot!
Just for the record, this recipe is not mine! I usually beg, borrow and steal my recipes. I am not the most creative cook. This recipe comes from Chef Jackie from www.nourish.md.com. This is my favorite website. I urge you to check it out and try some of their amazingly healthy recipes. Angelle gave a few of us a very informative shopping tour. For five of us to do a one hour tour, it was $125.oo total. Angelle was so kind to spend way more then an hour with us, free of charge...we had so many questions! It was worth every penny.
*3 lbs of chuck roast
*2 T. of butter or coconut oil
*Celtic sea salt and pepper, enough to generously rub the meat
*1/2 to 1 cup of pesto
*6 cloves of garlic
*1 cup balsamic vinegar
*8 ounces of portabella mushroom caps
*1 large onion, sliced
1. Heat oil or butter in a large skillet. Meanwhile, rub meat on all sides with salt, pepper and pesto.
2. Over medium heat, sear beef in hot oil unitl dark golden brown on all sides.
3. Place mushrooms, onion and garlic on the bottom of your crock pot. Place beef on top and then pour balsamic over the beef.
4. Cover and cook on low heat for 10 hours or until the internal temp. is 160 degrees.
5. Remove beef and place on a cutting board and let sit for 10 minutes.
I served the beef and sauce over basmait rice with green beans. It was sooooooooo good. The best part is, it took about five minutes to prepare. Chef Jackie suggest serving the left overs on crusty whole grain bread with the au juis as a French Dip or make Philly Steak and cheese sandwiches.