"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." - La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, March 11, 2012


Ben and Jake on a property in Traverse City.


Weekend Wind Down!

I am winding down with my cup of tea and feeling a little emotional about our weekend. I recently heard a mom talk about "out of the box milestones" and how we should celebrate ALL of our children's milestones. We all know when our child walked or what their first word was but this particular mom told me she celebrated "out of the box milestones." For example, my "out of the box milestone" was our family room make over. My family room was basically a toy room for the last six years with little to no decorations. It contained some old beat down couches and a toy box filled with monster trucks and other boy toys. Tonight, my husband and I are enjoying our new room and it feels a little bitter sweet. Its is a sign that we are moving from the roll around the family room floor with all of the toys stage to a normal functioning family room...pictures on the wall and all.

As much as I loved those long days playing on the family room floor with the kids I am excited about our new transition. I am excited about family game nights and more adult entertaining. Time really does go quickly. As much as I try to cherish every stage of my children's lives, it seems to be passing me by, far too quickly. The saying "the days are long but the years are short" is so, so TRUE!

By the way, my tea tonight contains Bee Pollen. Bee Pollen has lots of wonderful health benefits. Weight loss, immune system boost, increased energy, increased sex drive, etc. etc. I put a few pellets in my tea and it quickly dissolves and you don't even know its there. Be careful if you have an allergic reaction to bee stings and be sure to read about all of the side effects before trying it.

Good night!

No comments: