The Final Stretch....
We are almost free and clear of cold and flu season! Here are a few tips to help you stay healthy for the final stretch:
1. Keep finger nails very short and clean. Most viruses come from touching your face. You can become infected from touching your ears, nose, eyes and of course your mouth. YUCK!
2. If you know you are going to a germ fest (Jungle Java, Chucke Cheese, etc.) double your dose of Vitamin D and C. Give half before the event and half after.
3. After washing your hands with soap and warm water for twenty seconds, be sure to dry thoroughly. Drying is just as important as washing.
4. Also, if you fear you are getting ill (or your child) stay away from sugar and dairy for a few days.
5. If you or one of your family members gets hit, be sure to wash their towels, pillow case and disinfect their toothbrush by throwing it in the dishwasher.
Lastly, drink water, get good sleep and stay away from processed foods! Almost there.....