"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." - La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Food For Thought

http://www.nourishingdays.com/2009/12/why-our-family-eats-animal-
products-part-one/


If you are like me, you may enjoy learning about food and healthy/green living. However, if you are like me, you may get confused from time to time on what's the right thing to do... I hope my 11 followers (HA! Didn't think anyone read this...but thanks for checking in! The blog is my tool for documenting my personal studies on nutrition, green living, and family tribulations) know that I am student...and that is it! I am not an expert!!!!!!!!! I truly have a passion for learning and hope that I still feel like a student when I am 90 years old! I want to maintain my curiosity. Again, my blog helps me document and record my own personal studies and finds. I also feel like it is a tool that allows me to connect with smart moms that are interested in the same things I am. Bottom line, I am an eternal student trying to learn about what is right for my family. Ok...point made.

Kelly, my mentor, sent me this blog the other day and I think it is wonderful. This woman is an expert who has done her homework...plus some. I will be spending a lot of time on her blog trying her recipes and learning more about soaking oats/nuts/seeds, making fermented veggies, etc. She shares a lot of the same views as my health mentors.

Our group of friends have recently converted to raw/whole milk, grass fed meat/eggs, eating butter, etc. Many people have asked me why? Why do you drink whole milk and eat butter? Why do you eat meat? This woman explains it all so well. Click on the link above to get a better understanding of why we/I do the things we do.

No comments: