"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." - La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Homemade Baby Formula

If I had to do it all over again, I would without a doubt use the link below and make my own baby formula. The more I learn, the more I realize how wonderful the concoctions below would have been for my babies. I am actually considering the bone broth formula for Lana now...to help boost her immune system. The link below has great information on homemade formulas and baby's first foods. One other interesting find on the link is that it says that egg should be the baby's first food at four months old. Of course that goes against the standard recommendations but I have a lot of faith in the Weston A. Price Foundation. All of the experts that I check in with or follow also abide by the WPF guidelines, which is comforting to me when I am making choices for my children. Check it out:

http://www.westonaprice.org/childrens-health/319-recipes-for-homemade-baby-formula#lbf,

No comments: