"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." - La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Beware of CFL BULBS!

Read the link below. Wise Mama Christina sent this link out to our circle of friends earlier today and I read it to my hubby, who had just returned from work. He then proceeded to tell me a CLF light bulb broke on his head today!!!!!!!!!!!!! Based on this article, you should leave your home immediately if this happens because of the airborne mercury exposure. GREAT!!!!! Hoping this particular bulb didn't have any mercury. Check it out. Thanks C!



Carly said...

I have had two "run ins" with this and cannot believe that eventually these bulbs will be our only choice for lighting and that we've been brainwashed to believe they are so great. I was in a hotel room in Chicago when the one in our room broke when I was pregnant.
The hotel thought NOTHING of it, until I called poison control and they told me to call 911.

Learning As I Go Blog said...

No way! I had no idea these were the devil!

cudinir said...

Thanks for sharing this, I too had no idea how dangerous they can be!