"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." - La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, September 07, 2006

29 Weeks 4 Days

Our little Ben grew!!!! He still is a little peanut but he is now one pound eleven ounces. He is starting to fall off his growth curve and is under the 10th percentile but the doctors feel it is still best to stay pregnant for now and let these babies cook!!!

Our little fatty cakes Jake also did some awesome growing too!! He is now two pounds fifteen ounces and I like to round up and call him three pounds!!! He is in the 46th percentile. The boys now have 40% growth discordance.

Kevin and I are very happy! Even though Ben is very small, he is still growing and showing other very encouraging signs. He got an 8 out of 8 on his B.P.P. (Biophysical Profile) and has excellent amniotic fluid and movement.

Overall, they hope we can get to 32 weeks. Hopefully, that would get Ben over two pounds. As the docs keep telling us, as long as he has the maturity, we can fatten him up in the NICU.

Since we are going on our 4th week in the hospital and remain stable, they had to move us to a different room. We are very sad. We loved our nurses and our accommodations in “apartment 4.” Now we are in “closet #45.” Our room is not even half the size it was. There also isn’t a bed for Kevin to sleep in which will force him to go home and get a good nights rest, which he really needs!!! This definitely made things a bit more challenging, but on the upside, we are still PREGNANT!!!!!!

Your prayers are working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news! I am so happy for all of you. You have 2 amazing sons, I can't wait to meet them. You already deserve mother of the year. Hang in there, you are so amazing!

XOXO Mindy

Anonymous said...

Your Jake is bigger than Katie and Jennie were when they were born! Yippee! And Ben did a good share of growing. I'm soooo happy for you. Just keep believing and before you know it you'll be at 36 weeks and complaining of being uncomfortable with such big babies in there! Sleep well, both of you... the good news should bring sweet dreams...

Kathy

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful to our God who is blessing those two beautiful boys with more time...He is awesome and so worthy of our praise! Hang in there Danielle & Kevin :)

Melissa

Samantha said...

That is awesome!! I just knew that Ben was going to be growing...it sounds like they are both heading in the right direction! I guess all the rest you have been getting and those boost drinks you have been drinking have helped a whole lot (-: I will continue to pray that you get to week 32!! Love you guys!!
Samantha

Samantha said...

That is awesome!! I just knew that Ben was going to be growing...it sounds like they are both heading in the right direction! I guess all the rest you have been getting and those boost drinks you have been drinking have helped a whole lot (-: I will continue to pray that you get to week 32!! Love you guys!!
Samantha

Kara said...

What wonderful news....I am so happy to hear Ben and Jake both grew. Ben will be at 2 pounds before you know it and Jake will be well over 3. Week 32 is just around the corner. I know you can do it. You have done such an amazing job!! Keep up the good work.

Prayers and Hugs -

Kara

Anonymous said...

Hi Danielle and Kevin (Jake and Ben) - such great news. When I checked your website yesterday and read what you were up against today - I held my breath (like I'm sure you did) that today would bring the great news that it did. (I also said extra prayers) Danielle your body is just amazing me! You're doing an outstanding job taking care of your boys - it really sounds like you may make it to 32 weeks. Sorry about the room downgrade - that's a pain! Take care, Kalli and Alex

Amanda K. said...

What great news!!! I am sitting here in the hospital right now at almost 2am...just hoping for good news. I will continue to pray for you on your journey up to 32 weeks. It will get here before you know it. I guess we will just have to add another Sept b-day on my calendar!!! Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!! There are babies coming, here come my 2nd cousins.

Anonymous said...

uh the woohoo comment would be mine.

its Meghan.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to meet the boys!!!! Love, Maria

Anonymous said...

Danielle,

Keep up the good work. I know the bedrest thing is alot, but it is best for the boys. It sounds like they are thriving. We hope and pray for several more weeks.

You've made it this far and hopfully the rest of the journey will be a breeze.

Take care,
John TTTS Dad