"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." - La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, April 29, 2012

A New Meal Idea!

A big thank you to my mommy-in-law who created this recipe. I put my own spin on it and I apologize for not having the exact measurements.  I made this a few days ago and have eaten it for lunch everyday. It is so healthy and filling. You can dip some tortilla chips in the salad or boil some collard greens and use as a wrap.

Couscous/Quinoa Salad

Cook one serving of couscous.
Cook one serving of quiona.
Cool in fridge.
Chop veggies very small: cucumber, tomato, peppers, onion.
Add all of the above ingredients to a big mixing bowl.
Add a handful of either slivered almonds or pine nuts.
Add olive oil, balsamic, a squeeze of a fresh lemon, fresh copped cilantro, Celtic Sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano to your liking. 
Mix well and chill in fridge.

ENJOY!

No comments: