Summer Burger Recipes
Spinach Mozzarella Burger
1. Bake bacon on a parchment paper lined baking sheet for 10-15 minutes at 350. The bacon does not have to be all the way done. Chop up and set aside.
2. Boil a pot of water and cook a few handfuls of spinach in boiling water. When spinach is soft, drain into colander. (You could also use the water for a smoothie the next day.)
3. Squeeze moisture out of spinach and chop up.
4. In a bowl, add 1 pound of ground beef, 1/2 pound of bacon, spinach, 1/2 of finely chopped onion, handful of mozzarella cheese, Celtic sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, two eggs and chopped garlic clove. You could top with more cheese if you'd like. Mix well.
5. Shape into hamburger patties or into cup cake liners in a cup cake pan. These are nice to throw in a glass container for the week and munch on for snacks. Plus the kids think they are fun.
6. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes.
With another pound of ground beef, the other 1/2 of the onion and 1/2 pound of bacon I made the same recipe with cheddar cheese, taco seasoning, salt, pepper, a garlic clove and chili pepper.
I apologize for not having the exact measurements. :)