"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." - La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, January 08, 2012

Join us!!!

Please join me (and a few others :)) in taking charge of my health in 2012!!! Grab a girlfriend and join the 2012 challenge!

I am so excited about improving my overall health in 2012. My first goal is to conquer my own inner food demons, one of which being a sugar addiction, and nourishing my body. It is time to make MY health a priority. I am hoping that my own mission to be healthier will also inspire my family and friends. I desperately want to be a role model for my children, demonstrating good physical and mental health. It is soooo much easier said than done!

I have solicited a few partners in this mission and hoping a collaborative effort will inspire me to push forward with my goals. I am setting monthly health goals which I believe will be helpful in being successful.

The January health goal is as follows:

1. Switch from fake processed foods to real/raw foods, primarily focusing on eliminating gluten products. A year ago I cut out gluten to combat an autoimmune disease coupled with other diet and supplement changes. After being told I need to radiate my thyroid because NOTHING would change my condition, I have now had normal thyroid activity for 7 months, WITHOUT medication. In addition to getting my thyroid condition under control, I felt amazing! Light, energetic, less bloated, etc.

The past holiday season took over my control and put me back in a place where I felt like my health was placed on the back burner. I am ready to take charge again and with support and goal setting, I am hoping to regain control and feel good again.

Currently, our group of 13 participants, are busy sharing recipes, tips, moments of weakness, etc. It is a full time job to be in charge of your health and it feels so good to be in control. Don't get me wrong, it is incredibly challenging. I always feel there is room for improvement. Good health is a continuous journey of education and improvement.

Every Monday we update our HSR (Health Status Report) which is a simple document keeping track of our over all health, digestion, weight, mood, energy, etc. Some of our participants are keeping food journals, too. This is a lot of work and will feel like a part time job, but in the end we will improve our quality of life and hopefully inspire our loved ones to do the same.

Stay tuned for February's health challenge! :)

No comments: