"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." - La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, August 21, 2011

You are what you digest, not what you eat!
"The Type of Food that Will Slow Nearly
EVERY Inflammatory Disease..."


Just with in the last year I have been taking a digestive enzyme and when I first started taking one, I could not believe the difference I felt in my overall health. The link below is an excellent article on digestive enzymes:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/08/21/enzymes-special-report.aspx?e_cid=20110821_SNL_Art_1


After I noticed a huge difference in my own health, I recently put Jake on a digestive enzyme after he complained about reoccurring stomach aches. Digestive enzymes can prove to be very helpful for gas, bloating, stomach aches, etc. He seems to be feeling much better. I also wanted to add this section below from the article that talks about how to boost your enzyme production through food. The article also said "Chewing gum" tricks your body into thinking you are going to digest something therefore you waste those precious enzymes on nothing. The first video in the link above does a great job of explaining the process.

"The very best way to get enzymes into your body is by consuming at least 75 percent of your foods raw. For many of you, you'll have to work toward this goal gradually.

While all raw foods contain enzymes, the most powerful enzyme-rich foods are those that are sprouted (seeds and legumes). Sprouting increases the enzyme content in these foods tremendously. Besides sprouts, other enzyme-rich foods include:


No comments: